I've left The Lou behind for a few days to take my annual trip up to Seattle-land - but before too long I'll be back in my home city far away from the cool breezes of the ocean. *sigh*
Friday, April 9, 2010
Sunday, April 4, 2010
I hope everyone had a great Easter. I went to my G'Ma & Pa's house (I don't really call them this but this is how my grandmother has taken to signing her cards in the past couple of years - I think it's cute). I told my grandma not to make a dessert because I was bringing cake.
So, of course, she made a strawberry pie.
Easter Bunny Cake
2 tubs cake icing
2 pipe cleaners
2 green / purple jellybeans
1 red / pink jelly bean
1. Bake cake according to directions on the box. Make two 8-inch / 9-inch rounds. Let cool completely before next step.
2. Place one round on the tray you will be using to display your cake. Cut the cake in half:
5. Stick one half of the wedge onto the other side of the cake - giving your bunny a tail:
6. Carefully ice the cake:
8. Place jelly beans on the "face" of the cake giving your bunny eyes and a nose.
9. Bend pipe cleaners in half and shape to look like bunny ears. Insert just behind the top of the head.